Wednesday, March 24, 2004

The Wednesday Conundrum……

Question: When does an International leader of State sponsored terrorism, suddenly become a really decent chap?

Answer: When Dubbya tells his European puppet, sorry ‘partner’ to "Get over to Libeeya and offer the hand of friendship to nice guy Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and seecure those oilfields for deemocrasee"

So that’s all right then.



The Wednesday Confessional……

OK, I’m not a Brain Surgeon, but I did, once have double helpings of soup with added croutons in a hospital. I fell for the old, "Do you want another dollop of soup love?" routine from the soup doling nurse…… Thick or what?

Perhaps my greatest food crime, whilst in hospital was to fill in the next day menu selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner…. Just as I was about to leave the ward having recovered from my illness.

The guy occupying my bed the next day would have:

BREAKFAST: Porridge (large portion). Dry toast.

LUNCH: Liver and Onions. Pink blancmange.

DINNER: Potatoes, butter beans, cauliflower cheese and streaky pork belly. Spotted dick.

Possibly - there's a lot of it about, but I don't know what was wrong with him.

May I rot in Hell’s kitchen….


No comments: