Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Can I have a packet of Old English Spangles please, and what have you got for a penny change?"....

Want to find out what happened to 'Spangles', 'Texan Bar' 'Bliss' 'Pacers' and all the other filling lifters of the '50 and '60's onwards? Then log on this virtual boiled sweet world of a web site. It started from nothing and now has big kids by the thousands peering over its well stocked counter to buy. Excellent!
  • a quarter of...

  • Looking at it suddenly transported me back to 'The Candy Box', our local sweety shop of the early '60's. It's where I left most of my tooth enamel - and is the prime reason why I have very strong neck muscles (supporting all the metal in my teeth).

    Main reason for this? I was a 'Spearmint Chew' junkie. I was addicted to its pink and sticky bendiness. Mmm, I can still remember the 'hit' as that sugar Oh Dee hit my brain and assaulted my molars......



    No comments: