Monday, October 27, 2003

Alfie - a new third force in politics.....

Great news, I have received my form to apply to be a Lord (see Saturday's post) - I really, really have! I'm optimistic I can break the mould - and become the first 'joe average' to sit in the Upper Chamber. Maybe that could be my title - 'Lord Joe of Averageshire'.

But finding the right handle is not my only worry - I will need suitable accutrements - and I don't know where my local ermine shop is or where to order my crown from.

I'm also going to have to get used to being addressed as "Your Lordyness" - or in my case "Your Lardyness"

With this success, I have also applied to have a go at serving on a Government 'KWANGO'. So far no one has got back to me but as soon as I know, I'll post.

Isn't democracy wonderful?

No comments: