Friday, September 30, 2005

Ding dong merrily on high….

Just two weeks after the English cricket team’s Ashes win, I was walking through a West Lancashire village. There, just in the window of a furniture store I espied the first Christmas decorations of the coming season. It was September 25th - a full 3 months before the big day proper…..

These sparkly jaspers, tastefully mixing LED blink-blink technology with old fashioned twink-twink fairy lightery, combined to infuse the passer-by with a veritable tide of mid winter yule-tideryness….. (If you see what I mean)...

If you listen carefully, very, very carefully, you might just be able to hear Santa and his trusty reindeers slapping on their shades and whacking in the sun factor 16 onto Rudolf’s big red nose as we all bake in the unseasonally hot weather……

Anyway, seeing the lights has inspired me. I’ll say it before anyone else does…….. Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

8 comments:

Stuart said...

And a Happy New Year!!

The Crafty Cruiser said...

Shit. Can Slade be far behind?

Laura said...

Groan...it's not even Halloween, Guy Fawkes Bonfire Night, nor my American Thanksgiving Day yet. And to make it worse, we haven't even had our first cold snap (yet).

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas (2006)!

Anonymous said...

Bah Humbug.

Shirin said...

I’ve been visiting a few blogs from weblog review and so far yours has been the best one. I really enjoyed reading through your posts. I especially liked your ‘Watevaah’ entry. In my college days I used to work at Sainsbury’s and had a similar uniform which I’m pretty sure was made out of their recycled carrier bags. I’m into recycling and everything myself so I thought that was a very good idea. On top of that it was also very slimming; jogging for five minutes in that uniform gave you the same results as spending three hours in a sauna.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Biaxin nexium Bloody wheel chair 150 f ford part replacement central vacuum cleaner power head